Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Kansas City Star. Wow, these look good!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
For candied cranberries
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 ounces white almond bark
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat together sugar, butter and vanilla at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour and mixing well after each addition.
- Line mini muffin tins with paper liners.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until pick inserted in center is clean when removed.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, line a 10x15" pan with aluminum foil.
- Toss cranberries with 2/3 c sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15 minutes, stirring every five minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Arrange 3 or 4 cranberries in center of each mini cupcake.
- Melt almond bark in microwave according to package directions.
- Place melted almond bark in zip top bag and snip corner.
- Drizzle over cupcakes.