Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This calzone is made with refrigerated pizza dough and makes great appetizers.
Make and share this Mini-Calzone recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese (plus additional for sprinkling) or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated (plus additional for sprinkling)
- 1⁄4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed and drained
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) packagerefrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In medium-size bowl combine ricotta and Asiago cheeses, spinach, and salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
- On lightly floured surface, unroll pizza crust.
- Roll out to 14-inch square.
- Using 3 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles; brush edges with some of egg yolk mixture.
- Place 1 teaspoon filling on lower half of each circle; fold pastry over to enclose, pressing edges of fork to seal.
- Brush with remaining egg yolk mixture; prick top of each with point of sharp knife and sprinkle with additional grated Asiago cheese.
- Place calzone on large, greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, until puffed and golden; cool slightly before serving.
These came out great! I bought the dough in the can and they came out great. Loved the spinach, and I added chopped pepperoni to the mix. I heated up some canned marinara sauce to dip them in. My family enjoyed eating these but they could also be used at a party because they look really good. Thanks for sharing this!