This calzone is made with refrigerated pizza dough and makes great appetizers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese (plus additional for sprinkling) or 1/4 cup romano cheese, grated (plus additional for sprinkling)
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed and drained
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2In medium-size bowl combine ricotta and Asiago cheeses, spinach, and salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
- 3On lightly floured surface, unroll pizza crust.
- 4Roll out to 14-inch square.
- 5Using 3 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles; brush edges with some of egg yolk mixture.
- 6Place 1 teaspoon filling on lower half of each circle; fold pastry over to enclose, pressing edges of fork to seal.
- 7Brush with remaining egg yolk mixture; prick top of each with point of sharp knife and sprinkle with additional grated Asiago cheese.
- 8Place calzone on large, greased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake 5 to 7 minutes, until puffed and golden; cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini-Calzone
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 11.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust