1/1 Photo of Mini Caesar Salad Bites
A simple caesar salad served in individual garlic, buttery and crisp cups. No utensils required for consumption so it's perfect for a party or anywhere else you'd like a lovely, easy, fresh and unique hors d'oeuvre. I came up with this recipe because I wanted to serve a vegetable based appetizer but was tired of the standard veggie platter. I thought of regular salads, but they were too finicky for guests to deal with. (hard to juggle a glass of champagne and eat a salad) I needed something that people could easily pop into their mouths in one or 2 bites. Thus, this recipe was born! :)
My Private Note
mini sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray. Melt the butter in microwavable safe dish and stir in garlic salt. Set aside.
- 2Place each wrapper into a section of a mini-muffin tin. Gently press each wrapper into the tin and arrange so that it forms a cup shape. The wrapper will overlap itself and stick up out of the cup. Brush insides with the garlic butter and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned and crisp. (time may vary according to your oven, so keep a close eye on them) Remove from the tin and allow to cool while preparing salad.
- 3Finely chop the romaine lettuce. If you have a food processor, use it. You really need a fine fine chop in order to fill the cups properly, so don't be lazy with this step!
- 4Pour on caesar salad dressing and stir until all pieces are coated. Adjust dressing (adding more or less) to suit personal preference.
- 5Spoon salad mixture into cooled wonton cups and sprinkle with freshly grated parmasan cheese. Garnish with fresh lemon, if desired.
- 6Bon Appetit! :).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Caesar Salad Bites
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 45
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.6
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 114.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g