Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw this today in the new Family Circle magazine and thought they sounded delicious; a nice addition to the usual holiday cookie/dessert tray. Also posted as request in a thread; this would be great as a bridal party/bridal shower/wedding favor type of gifts. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut
- 30 miniature phyllo cups (two 2.1 oz pkgs)
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 30 pecan halves or 15 pecans, halved
- Melt 1/2 cup of butterscotch with 1 Tbsp milk in a heatproof bowl over simmering water in a saucepan and stir until smoothed.
- Whisk in the cream cheese.
- Evenly divide among the 30 shells, using about 1 tsp per cup; refrigerate.
- Melt the chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp milk in a heatproof bowl over simmering water in saucepan and stir until smoothed.
- Dollop each shell with melted chocolate.
- Top each shell with a pecan and refrigerate until each filling/shell is firm to the touch.
These are great little treats! Super easy to prepare, I melted the chips in the microwave on medium power to save time. I also used low-fat cream cheese. They were delicious and addicting! I kept going back for more!