Recipe by AnnieLynne
I modified the original Pillsbury recipe for an appetizer party. I've made this recipe with onion and tomatoes and without - just a matter of taste! I've also considered adding some blue cheese crumbles - if you try it, let me know how it turns out!
- olive oil (to coat pan)
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) refrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (I like Frank's Red Hot Sauce)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup plum tomato, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly coat cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Unroll dough onto clean, dry surface.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut 8-10 mini pizza doughs. (Number will depend on size of biscuit cutter.).
- Place circles on oiled cookie sheet.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion and hot pepper sauce. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes.
- With slotted spoon, spoon mixture over dough circles to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown.