These rolls, which are a delightful play on the traditional lobster roll, are quite substantial, so one per person is plenty. Cooked shrimp or lump crab is a fine alternative to lobster. Recipe from "Best Holiday Hors d'Oeuvres Best Recipes of 2007" from F&W Magazine, Grace Parisi, December 2007. This is another make ahead recipe, even though it doesn't take too long to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb cooked lobster meat or 3/4 lb crabmeat or 3/4 lb shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 12 mini brioche rolls (about 2 1/2 inches) or 12 mini parker house rolls (about 2 1/2 inches)
- snipped chives, for garnish
- 1In a food processor, combine the lobster with the mayonnaise, tarragon and lemon zest and pulse to a chunky paste.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Using a paring knife, cut a 1 1/2-inch-round plug out of the top of each roll, leaving a 1/2-inch border all around.
- 4Using a small spoon, carefully hollow out the rolls.
- 5Spoon the lobster filling into the rolls, garnish with the chives and serve.
- 6*The lobster salad can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- 7**The mini lobster rolls can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Brioche Lobster Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.9
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 160.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: