Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These rolls, which are a delightful play on the traditional lobster roll, are quite substantial, so one per person is plenty. Cooked shrimp or lump crab is a fine alternative to lobster. Recipe from "Best Holiday Hors d'Oeuvres Best Recipes of 2007" from F&W Magazine, Grace Parisi, December 2007. This is another make ahead recipe, even though it doesn't take too long to prepare.
- 3⁄4 lb cooked lobster meat or 3⁄4 lb crabmeat or 3⁄4 lb shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 12 mini brioche rolls (about 2 1/2 inches) or 12 mini parker house rolls (about 2 1/2 inches)
- snipped chives, for garnish
- In a food processor, combine the lobster with the mayonnaise, tarragon and lemon zest and pulse to a chunky paste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a paring knife, cut a 1 1/2-inch-round plug out of the top of each roll, leaving a 1/2-inch border all around.
- Using a small spoon, carefully hollow out the rolls.
- Spoon the lobster filling into the rolls, garnish with the chives and serve.
- *The lobster salad can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- **The mini lobster rolls can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 hours.