Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My friend Paulette gave me this gem for my Family Recipe Book;they always a hit. These tarts will be the talk of the party. And the best part; so easy!
- 12 miniature tart shells, frozen
- 1 (200 g) package brie cheese
- red pepper jelly
- Bake shells according to package directions. Let cool.
- Divide cheese in 12 pieces of equal size. Place in cooked shells.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top each tart with 1 Tsp of red pepper jelly.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You might prefer to remove the rind off the cheese.
- Shells can be baked and stored in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- Cranberry sauce is a good substitute for red pepper jelly.
- Ready to serve miniature croustades found at the Supermarket are ideal containers for these tarts and a wide range of other fillings. No baking required before filling.
I've made something similar to this for years, but instead of red pepper jelly, I use fig preserves! FABULOUS for brunch!
Such an easy and tasty recipe. These were very elegant looking, I made just a few of these as a starter for an Oscars Night themed meal. I did not have red pepper jelly, so I instead used mango chutney, which came out delicious. I also removed the rind from the cheese before adding to the tart shells.
So easy and so tasty!I cut off the top & bottom outer layer of the cheese. I find, depending on the brand, that the outside can be bitter. Also I reccommend that you use unsweetened tart shells. I used yellow Habanero jelly and it was quite pretty on the cheese.. Thanks Sage for a lovely Appetizer - I will use this one over & over again .21 Dec 08 I love these appies however when I opened my brie cheese it was - GONE- I mean really bad and I only bought it a week ago - Can't remember which store I bought it from so Boo Hoo - Happy birds they can now feast on it. SOoo what to do - it is 2:30 appie due at three - I opened a Bluecheese/Cranberry cheese and used that - It was not as good as Brie or camenbert but it was OK - Recipe great local grocery not great! 22 Dec 09 Made again this time with Danish Brie & brandied Cranberry sauce Mmmmmmmmm