Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My friend Paulette gave me this gem for my Family Recipe Book;they always a hit. These tarts will be the talk of the party. And the best part; so easy!
- 12 miniature tart shells, frozen
- 1 (200 g) package brie cheese
- red pepper jelly
- Bake shells according to package directions. Let cool.
- Divide cheese in 12 pieces of equal size. Place in cooked shells.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top each tart with 1 Tsp of red pepper jelly.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You might prefer to remove the rind off the cheese.
- Shells can be baked and stored in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- Cranberry sauce is a good substitute for red pepper jelly.
- Ready to serve miniature croustades found at the Supermarket are ideal containers for these tarts and a wide range of other fillings. No baking required before filling.
Couldn't be easier to make and looked and tasted great. This is such a good idea for spur of the moment guests. I'll be keeping supplies for this on hand from now on. I had to use phillo cups as no tart shells to be found. You can sure use your imagination to change up the toppings based on what you have on hand.
My grocery store did not have mini tart shells, so I substitute phyllo cups. They came out great! Will definitely use this recipe again. There were 15 phyllo cups in a pkg so it made a few more than 12.
I've made something similar to this for years, but instead of red pepper jelly, I use fig preserves! FABULOUS for brunch!