Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These mini blueberry pies are not only cute, but they are easy to make and delicious too. With a butter-crisp puffed pastry crust and juicy blueberry filling, you can't go wrong with these little beauties.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Onto a flat work surface lightly dusted with flour, unfold one sheet of puffed pastry. Lightly dust the surface of the pastry with flour. With a rolling pin, lightly roll until square spreads to the size of a 12" x 12" square. Slice into eight evenly sized squares. Gently tuck squares into eight muffin cups, leaving the four corners of the squares loose at the top.
- In a medium bowl, combine blueberries, flour, sugar, vanilla and water.
- Spoon blueberry mixture into the pastry-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Loosely fold the corners of the exposed pastry over the berry mixture.
- With a pastry brush, brush melted butter over each pie. Then dust each with sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the pie tops are lightly browned and puffed-crisp.
- Cool for 1-2 hours. Wait until the pies are sufficiently cool before removing from the pan. If necessary, use a butter knife to gently work around the outside of each to remove.