Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Who doesn't love mini desserts? Of course your can make this just as easily as one large crisp, but I enjoy the portion control of the mini crisps. Bake them in either ramekins or half pint canning jars (they work GREAT, plus have lids for refrigeration). They are great for serving to guests or for a very small family, like mine. I can make eight mini crisps, freeze a few for later on right in their baking dishes, and reheat either in the microwave or the oven.
- 3 lbs pears, cored and chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 15 raw almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash, cut, peel (if desired, I don't use pesticides on my pear tree so I don't) your pears.
- Toss pears and blueberries with sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. If you are using individual ramekins or jars, let them sit for 15 minutes or so to allow the flour and sugar to extract some of the juices, tossing again every 5 minutes.
- Spoon fruit mixture into individual jars.
- Using a food processor or chopper (I use the slap chopper), chop the almonds and the butter (works great in the slap chopper).
- Add butter and almonds to the brown sugar and oats and mix making sure the butter is evenly mixed.
- Sprinkle the topping on the individual crisps.
- If baking individual crisps, bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.
- If baking one large crisp, bake at 375 for 40 minutes.