Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
These are a star-shaped baked crust, filled with fresh blueberries and a most delicious cream cheese mixture, my advise is double the recipe, cause you'll end up eating most of them yourself LOL!... they are so good. Note: only use fresh berries for this recipe.
- 1 (15 ounce) packagestore-bought refrigerated pie crusts, thawed and unbaked (unbaked) or 2 homemade pie crusts (unbaked)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- Unfold pie crusts; press out the fold lines with a rolling pin on a lightly-floured surface.
- Cut with a 2-1/2-inch star-shaped cutter.
- Fit the dough into lightly greased mini muffin pans (tip is is a good idea to fill with a few dried beans to prevent the dough from shrinking).
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until golden brown,.
- Remove from mini tins, and cool on wire racks.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring 1/3 cup water, and the next 4 ingredients (up to, and including the berries) to a boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute; remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, stir/beat together the cream cheese and the next 3 ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon the blueberry mixture into the tart shells.
- Pipe or dollop with cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I am a Pampered Chef Consultant and made this for a business office. They loved it and so much that the orders and show booking just poured in. I'm sure our great products had something to do with it, but this recipe was great!