Recipe by Bergy
These are so simple and easy. You do most of the preparation ahead of time. The surprise is the healthy broccoli in the recipe. It works. Use scissors to finely snip the broccoli - It makes it so easy. I suggest using full cream sour cream but if you want it lower fat sub 2% cottage cheese for the sour cream - Be sure that you enjoy Blue cheese - especially warm blue cheese before making this recipe or you won't enjoy it!. The filling does rise a bit so do not over fill the shells. — Bon appetite.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was a real winner in my house. The combination of ingredients formed a zesty, cheesy filling to pack into the prepared tart shells. The listed ingredients were right on target as there was just enough filling to fill each tart shell without having any left over, and no shell was under-filled. As for the texture itself, the baked tart shells provided a little bit of crunch to offset the flavorful soft filling inside. These cute little tartlets were so good that they were gone in a flash. And I think these tartlets would be the perfect appetizer for just about any party occasion because theyâ€™re easy to prepare and oh so tasty. Although I am not usually a fan of blue cheese (often too bold for my taste buds), I thought it was the crucial ingredient that rounded out the flavor sensation of this contest entry. This is definitely a â€œkeeperâ€�.
- 12 miniature tart shells, unsweetened
- 1⁄3 cup broccoli, snipped
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream, plus 2 tbsp
- 5 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the tart shells according to instructions, do not let them get too brown. Cool them.In a chopper mix the sour cream & blue cheese.
- Stir in the snipped broccoli.
- You may now keep this in the fridge until 18 minutes before serving or go right ahead ith it.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place a tsp of filling in each tart shell.
- Place almond slices on top.
- Place tartlets on an oven proof tray.
- Bake for apprx 15 minutes or until the filling is heated through and has risen a bit and the almonds are golden.