Elizabeth Fullerton's Note:
This came from the show "Home Plate". I posted this here so that I could find it easier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, mustard, and lemon juice until smooth. Add the oil, a drop at a time, whisking until the mixture starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until needed.
- 2Heat oven to 450°F Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut 4 rounds from each slice of bread. Press rounds into mini-muffin pans forming shallow cups and bake until light brown, about 6 minutes. Cool slightly, transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- 3Remove center rib of lettuce leaves and cut leaves into 1/8-inch strips.
- 4Using a large saute pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- 5Using a large bowl, toss together bacon, lettuce and tomato. Add 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, adding more if needed just to bind mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Fill toasted cups with a heaping teaspoon of the bacon mixture, sprinkle with chives and serve immediately. Store remaining mayonnaise in an airtight container, refrigerated up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Blts
Serving Size: 1 (1319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 210.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: