This is such a nice surprise to find on your plate and, it's simple! Just think of the praises you'll get at the next meal!
My Private Note
- 1Take a small to medium onion and cut the top off (about 1/4th of the onion).
- 2Peel away the outer skin but leave the root on.
- 3With a knife cut wedge shapes in it.
- 4But here's the trick -- take two wooden cooking spoons and rest the onion between them root down.
- 5Now slice wedges into the onion as you would cut a pizza.
- 6Doing this keeps the onion together at the base therefore allowing a bloomin onion result.
- 7Gently (with a knife) separate the sections from one another.
- 8Fry each one for a minute or so (depends on the size of the onion).
- 9These small onions will open up quickly and cook quickly so please understand this takes a little practice.
- 10Once its bloomin take it out of the grease and season it lightly with creole seasoning or cajun spice.
- 11You could also add remolade or rosette sauce on top to finish it.
- 12Variation: You can also batter them by mixing 1 cup of Bisquick and 1/2 cup of cornstarch in 2 cups of milk.
- 13Make a paste first with a little milk before adding all the milk.
- 14Soak the onions for about 30 minutes then dust them with flour and seasoning.
- 15Open the onion a little as you do it.
- 16Let the onions sit at least 5 minutes before frying.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Bloomin Onion
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g