Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
White bread spread with cream cheese mixture, rolled in jelly form, dipped in butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and baked. You can have this anytime because you can freeze them.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 loaves white bread, thin sliced with crusts trimmed (1lb.each)
- 1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- sour cream
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and yolks in mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Flatten each slice of bread with rolling pin and spread with some of cream cheese mixture.
- Roll jelly roll fashion and dip in melted butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar to taste.
- (If preparing ahead, place in a single layer on baking sheet and freeze. When solidly frozen, transfer to plastic bags and return to freezer until ready to use).
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Leave blinis whole or cut each in half and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until light golden brown, fresh blinis 8 to 10 minutes, or frozen blinis (thawing is unnecessary) 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot accompanied by sour cream and jelly on the side.
- To Busy To Cook.