Recipe by MsTeechur
We stopped by the farmer's market this morning and picked up fresh picked blackberries and raspberries. My husband wanted pie, but I didn't know if I wanted one pie or the other, plus I love pie but like to limit portions and let's face it, that's hard when you're cutting it. So I came up with mini pies! I made three blackberry and three raspberry and a big mess in the kitchen! The pies came out awesome, though.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 7 tablespoons cold water
Filling (split in two for different flavors)
- 8 cups berries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor (or by hand) mix salt and flour.
- Cut butter into about 1/2 tbs chunks and pulse until the mixture is crumbly and butter is well distributed.
- Add water and pulse until the dough starts to look like dough.
- On your cutting board, lay out one large piece of saran wrap.
- Place dough in center.
- Put another large piece of saran over the dough, flatten slightly, then roll dough out until thin and even.
- Peel back top of saran. Using a 4 inch diameter or so cup, cut circles of dough.
- In a non-stick or prepared muffin tin, lay the dough into the cup and let it gently fall inches Press gently until dough fills tin. Leave some over the lip so you can crimp it to the top.
- Complete with all of the rest of the tins. Cover remaining dough and set aside. Put tins into fridge.
- Combine sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- If you're doing two different types of pie (or more), split dry mixture in half.
- With half berries, toss half the dry and then spoon into muffin tins (that you took out of the fridge).
- With other half of berries, do the same and spoon into other muffin tins.
- Get rest of dough and roll out. Cut into strips if you want to be fancy and do lattice tops, or just do circles, or cut circles and then get ultra fancy and cut hearts or stars into the center.
- Place over the top of the filling and crimp to the pie.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.