A very classy, elegant presentation for a special romantic dinner or holiday occasion. I found this in a magazine years ago and it has become a favorite in our home especially for celebrating!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot.
- 3Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender.
- 4Add wine; cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- 5Stir in green onions, thyme, 1/4 tsp.
- 6salt, and 1/8 tsp.
- 8Remove from skillet; cool throughly.
- 9Heat same skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- 10Place steaks in skillet; cook 3 minutes; turning once.
- 11Steaks should be partially cooked; do not overcook.
- 12Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 13On flat surface, layer phyllo dough, spraying each layer with vegetable cooking spray.
- 14Cut stacked layers lengthwise in half and crosswise to make 4 equal portions.
- 15Place about 2 Tbls.
- 16of mushroom mixture in center of each portion; spread mixture to diameter of each steak.
- 17Place steaks on mushroom mixture.
- 18Bring together all 4 corners of phyllo dough; twist tightly to close.
- 19Lightly spray each with cooking spray; place on greased baking sheet.
- 20Immediately bake 9-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 21Let stand 5 minutes.
- 22Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini-Beef Wellingtons
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g