Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very classy, elegant presentation for a special romantic dinner or holiday occasion. I found this in a magazine years ago and it has become a favorite in our home especially for celebrating!!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender.
- Add wine; cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in green onions, thyme, 1/4 tsp.
- salt, and 1/8 tsp.
- Remove from skillet; cool throughly.
- Heat same skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Place steaks in skillet; cook 3 minutes; turning once.
- Steaks should be partially cooked; do not overcook.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On flat surface, layer phyllo dough, spraying each layer with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cut stacked layers lengthwise in half and crosswise to make 4 equal portions.
- Place about 2 Tbls.
- of mushroom mixture in center of each portion; spread mixture to diameter of each steak.
- Place steaks on mushroom mixture.
- Bring together all 4 corners of phyllo dough; twist tightly to close.
- Lightly spray each with cooking spray; place on greased baking sheet.
- Immediately bake 9-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This was so good and so easy. I halved it and served it for a special dinner along with Spinach with Brown Butter and Garlic Spinach Saute With Brown Butter & Garlic. We devoured it all. I think next time I'll use only 4 sheets of phyllo though.