Recipe by LtlPhyl #2
Tasty little cubes of beef tenderloin topped with Boursin cheese, wrapped in puff pastry and baked until puffed and golden brown.
- 7 ounces frozen puff pastry, preferably all butter, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup boursin cheese, at room temperature (about 2-1/2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 lb beef tenderloin, trimmed, cut into 1/2 -inch cubes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper, roll out the puff pastry to a 7-1/2 by 15-inch rectangle, about 1/8 inch thick. Cut the pastry into 1-1/2 -inch squares.
- Spoon a scant 1/4 teaspoon of the Boursin in the center of each pastry square. Season the beef with salt and pepper and set a cube on each pastry square. Fold the pastry over the beef, neatly tucking in the corners. Arrange the pastries seam side down on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The recipe can be prepared to this point and frozen for up to 1 week.
- Lightly brush each pastry with the beaten egg. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Let cool slightly, then transfer to a platter and serve.