Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
America's Test Kitchen
Make and share this Mini Barbecued Turkey Meatloaves recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 12 ounces ground turkey (93% lean)
- 12 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 17 saltine crackers, crushed fine (2/3 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 425°.
- Cook barbecue sauce in small saucepan over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 6 minutes.
- Mix ground turkey, turkey sausage, saltines, parsley, egg, milk, 3 tablespoons thickened barbecue sauce, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until combined.
- Form mixture into four 4 by 3-inch loaves.
- Heat oil in 12-inch ovensafe nonstick skillet over med-high heat until shimmering.
- Cook loaves until well browned, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon thickened barbecue sauce over each loaf, transfer skillet to oven, and bake until loaves register 160 degrees, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to platter and serve with remaining sauce.