Recipe by Lampie
Ever since I got a mini-loaf pan, I've been trying to put EVERYTHING in it ;) It's perfect for individual servings
Top Review by ovendiva
Great recipe. I doubled it, added 2 tsp vanilla for the double batch and used pecans as the nuts. I had a whole of bananas of different sizes so mashed them and used 2 cups for the double batch. I baked on the convection setting, which reduced the temp to 325 degrees and they were ready in 45 minutes. My yield was 18 mini loaves for the double batch.
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, & salt. Set aside.
- Beat shortening until creamy, then add sugar & eggs. Beat until blended, then add bananas & blend again. Add flour mixture & nuts (if wanted) & blend well.
- Fill mini loaf pans about 3/4 full. Bake 1 hour.