Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ever since I got a mini-loaf pan, I've been trying to put EVERYTHING in it ;) It's perfect for individual servings
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, & salt. Set aside.
- Beat shortening until creamy, then add sugar & eggs. Beat until blended, then add bananas & blend again. Add flour mixture & nuts (if wanted) & blend well.
- Fill mini loaf pans about 3/4 full. Bake 1 hour.
Great recipe. I doubled it, added 2 tsp vanilla for the double batch and used pecans as the nuts. I had a whole of bananas of different sizes so mashed them and used 2 cups for the double batch. I baked on the convection setting, which reduced the temp to 325 degrees and they were ready in 45 minutes. My yield was 18 mini loaves for the double batch.
Gorgeous mini loaves! I added cinnamon and nutmeg, and left out the nuts. Whilst still warm I sprinkled them with caster sugar (don't know what that's called in the U.S.!). Thanks for a great recipe!