Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Betty Crocker!
Make and share this Mini Banana Breads recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease bottoms only of 10 (4 1/2x2 1/2x1 1/2-inch) mini loaf pans with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix sugar and butter with spoon. Stir in eggs until well blended. Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- Divide batter evenly among pans, filling each with about 1/2 cup batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
I didn't have any mini loaf pans so I made enough for 6 mini loaves and got 12 lovely muffins. This is a very tasty recipe that works beautifully. The bread rises very well and they are moist and satisfying. I skipped any nuts this time, used 1/2 the amount of fat ask for and made up the rest with applesauce. Soured skim milk served for the buttermilk. It's nice to sometimes be reminded just how good a basic recipe can be with out all the additions of spices, nuts, and chocolate chips can really be. Thanks for posting Reds :D. Made for Photo Tag.