Recipe by ScrappieDoo
These miniature potatoes make the perfect finger food before an informal dinner party. From "Appetizers, Finger Food, Buffets & Parties" cookbook. Variation: Use a strong-flavored cheddar in place of the blue cheese.
Top Review by queenbeatrice
Very tasty taters. Perfect for any type of get together. I used Feta cheese instead of blue cheese, but, I have made them with blue cheese previously as I have the same recipe book you listed this recipe from :) Both ways are delicious.
- 20 small new potatoes
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Wash and dry the potatoes. Toss with oil in a bowl to coat.
- Dip the potatoes in the coarse salt and coat lightly. Spread on a baking sheet and bake 45-50 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and blue cheese, mixing them well.
- Cut a cross in the top of each potato. Press firmly with fingers to open up potatoes.
- Top each potato with a generous spoonful of blue cheese mixture. Garnish with chives. Serve hot or at room temperature.