Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fun party food that is great for kids and adults alike.
- 2 lbs new potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- salt, flakes
For the first dip
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon hot smoked paprika
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the second dip
- 1 small onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 red chile, chopped finely
- 2 ounces dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups tomato ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Wash and drain the potatoes and place in a bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt flakes.
- Wrap potatoes in pieces of foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for approximatley 45 minutes. Whilst the potatoes cook prepare the dips.
- Make dip one:.
- Mix together the lime juice, zest and paprika. Pour in the créme frâiche and stir adding a little seasoning. Serve in a bowl alongside the baked potatoes.
- Make dip two:
- Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil with the chili, fennel seeds and brown sugar.
- Add the soy sauce and ketchup and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes to infuse the flavours.
- Serve in a bowl alongside the baked potatoes.