Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
These are so cute!
Top Review by Trina.P
OMG!..This was the only doughnut recipe i could find where i don't have to fry or use yeast and it turned out p-p-p-perfect!!! Thanks !.. P.S- I only got about 10 mini doughnuts, so just double the recipe for more!... There delicious!!!!!! xxxxx
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons margarine (like Earth Balance)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients with a whisk to mix thoroughly. Combine wet ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium low heat and mix until earth balance is melted. This mixture should NOT get too hot, you should be able to stick your finger in the mixture. It should feel slightly warm.
- Add wet to dry and mix until just combined. It should form a very soft dough.
- Using a tablespoon measure, scoop out dough into your ungreased nonstick mini-donut pan. Smooth out the top of the dough with your fingers, this will make for more even, prettier donuts, but isn’t crucial. The dough should sit just below the rim of the pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes. They should not be browned on top, but a tester will come out clean. Invert hot pan over a cutting board or cooling rack to release donuts.