Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
Never tried this one! My sister found it in a 1982 Owl Magazine (in French, she had to translate it by hand!)and it seems very easy. It uses a jujube base instead of sponge cake!
- You will need jujubes for this, six cut in half lengthwise.
- preheat oven 500°F.
- Separate eggs, discard yolks.
- Beat the egg whites till stiff.
- Continue beating, add the sugar and beat for five more minutes.
- Put the jujubes on a cookie sheet.
- Shape a layer of ice cream around each one.
- Scoop egg mixture over top, covering the ice cream completely.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes until light golden brown.
- Eat warm.