Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Savoury little buggers - I love 'em.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tiny egg
- 1⁄2 ounce onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon low-sodium beef bouillon cube
- 2 slices bacon, thinly sliced and cut in half
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 ounce dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 fluid ounce bottled water
- 1 dash salt
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the bacon, together, and shape the mixture into 2 small loaves.
- Crisscross 2 of the half slices of bacon across each loaf, tucking the ends under each loaf.
- Place the loaves on a rack in a shallow baking pan and bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.