Recipe by Chef mariajane
This recipe is a bite size appetizer that can be served at a moments notice - make ahead of time and freeze - Then only 15 minutes, to in an oven to serve - so easy!! Found this recipe in Saltscapes magazine!
- 4 ounces bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons red onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons red peppers, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped (or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried parsley)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 18 -20 mini pastry shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté bacon in a large skillet until medium, add onion and pepper. Cook, stirring until onion and peppers soften. Add thyme, parsley and salt and cook for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine eggs with milk, cream and lemon juice; beat well. Sprinkle cheese into bottom of pastry shell. Add a spoonful of the bacon mixture to each shell, and pour egg mixture on top. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 375F, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and freeze. To serve, place frozen pastries on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 375F, or until heated through.