1/1 Photo of Mini Apple Turnovers
1 hr 52 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from Taste Of Home magazine. I'm digging out my apple recipes, since it's getting to be apple season here. These are really yummy little pastries! Be sure and hide some for yourself, because they will disappear quickly. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Dozen p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg, separated
- 3 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 cups thinly sliced tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- additional sugar, optional
- vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- 2Refrigerate the egg white.
- 3Beat the egg yolk and 2 tablespoons water into cream cheese mixture.
- 4Gradually beat in flour until well blended.
- 5Shape pastry into a ball.
- 6Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 7Meanwhile, in a large skillet, toss apples with sugar and cinnamon.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 10Remove from the heat.
- 11Turn the pastry onto a lightly floured surface.
- 12Roll to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 4-inch circles.
- 13Top each circle with apple mixture.
- 14Brush edges of pastry with water; fold pastry over filling and seal edges well.
- 15In a small bowl, whisk egg white and remaining water; brush over pastry.
- 16Sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- 17Place on greased baking sheets.
- 18Bake at 375 degrees for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 19Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 20Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Apple Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (1770 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2020.0
- Calories from Fat 1017
- Total Fat 113.1 g
- Saturated Fat 69.7 g
- Cholesterol 413.5 mg
- Sodium 868.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 235.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 121.2 g
- Protein 26.5 g