Recipe by hard62
They are very versatile and are perfect for brunch, afternoon tea or with custard as a dessert
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 2 granny smith apples, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- milk, for brushing
- raw sugar, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place 1 sheet of puff pastry on workbench. Cut sheet into 3 even strips. Repeat with other sheets. Cut each strip into 3 to create mini squares. Lightly brush edges of pastry with milk.
- Combine apple, almond meal, sugar, sultanas, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Spread one-quarter of the apple mixture over 1 pastry square, allowing a 3cm border at the edges.
- Place a square of pastry on top and crimp edges with a fork. Slash tops of pastry and brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar Repeat with remaining pastry and apple mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is crisp and golden.