Recipe by Sarah in New York
These little tasty treats are always a hit. They taste just like an apple pie, except they are mini sized and easy to eat. They are great to take to a party because there is not cutting and serving needed. People always rave about these. I think their pretty tasty too! My hubby loves to eat them warm with vanilla ice cream on the side. Maybe a little caramel sauce drizzled over top! Mmmmm...
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup butter (chilled)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons water
- 5 medium apples (peeled and chopped up into small pieces)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter (chilled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Get muffin pan out. No need to grease it.
- In food processor blend flour, salt and butter until it looks like little peas.
- Add in water and blend just until it looks like it's sticking.
- Take out and combine it by hand until well blended.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut 12, 4 inch circles with cup or bowl.(You will need to roll out twice).
- Note: you can use the rest of the crust for anything you may want to do on top of the pies.
- Press each circle in muffin tins until all the way up each side, to form little bowls.
- Mix by hand all filling ingredients and spoon into muffin bowls.
- Cut up butter into 12 little pieces and place one piece on each pie.
- You can decorate them anyway you like with extra crust, or just leave plain.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 16-18 minutes. (Until crust is light brown and apples are bubbling).
- When cool, just loosen with a spoon and they'll come right out!