Recipe by dojemi
This recipe is by McIntosh College Chef Michael Ciuffetti CEC, and Culinary Student JoAnn Riveria. It makes 4 mini pies.
- 4 granny smith apples (peeled and chopped )
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 ounces sliced almonds (toasted )
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon sugar
- 1 fluid ounce apple jack
- 1 cup sliced almonds (toasted and chopped )
- 1 pinch nutmeg
pie crust (or use your favorite or store bought)
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (softened )
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and core apples and coarse chop.
- Toss together the apples, cranberries, nutmeg, cinnamon sugar, and slivered almonds.
- Roll pastry into 8 each 4 inch circles 1/8 inch thick.
- Line the mini pie pans with a layer of pastry.
- Fill with about ½ cup apple filling.
- Top with another layer pastry and press down to seal.
- Press the edges securely and crimp with your finger tips.
- Cut small slits in the pastry to allow excess steam to escape.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven until a deep golden brown.
- About 25-30 minutes.