Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are great for parties or for small getogethers. They allow guests to sample a little bit without feeling guilty afterwards.
- 2 count pre-made boxed pie crusts
- 59.14 ml butter
- 4 large tart apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 158.51 ml packed brown sugar
- 3.30 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- Unroll the pie dough and cut using a round or flower shaped cookie cutter.
- Place each round into a muffin tin and bake until golden brown (about 10 minutes) at the temperature suggested by manufacturer.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add apples. Cook, stirring constantly, until apples are almost tender, about 6-7 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to skillet. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add to baked mini crusts.
- To make the topping: mix cinnamon, rolled oats brown sugar and flour cut in butter and place topping on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until light and crunchy.
- Let topping cool and place on top of apples.
these are by far the best apple pies i have tried the applese sweet and tender but not soggy really good my family loved them