Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are great for parties or for small getogethers. They allow guests to sample a little bit without feeling guilty afterwards.
- 1 (2 count) pre-made boxed pie crusts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 large tart apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Unroll the pie dough and cut using a round or flower shaped cookie cutter.
- Place each round into a muffin tin and bake until golden brown (about 10 minutes) at the temperature suggested by manufacturer.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add apples. Cook, stirring constantly, until apples are almost tender, about 6-7 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to skillet. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add to baked mini crusts.
- To make the topping: mix cinnamon, rolled oats brown sugar and flour cut in butter and place topping on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until light and crunchy.
- Let topping cool and place on top of apples.
these are by far the best apple pies i have tried the applese sweet and tender but not soggy really good my family loved them