Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Had some leftover pie filling (Apple Pie Filling With Vanilla & Buttershots! Canning) that didn't seal properly when I canned it and had to come up with a creative way to use it. Had some cream cheese and tart shells in the fridge and whala a new hit was born
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Separate tart shells on a baking sheet to thaw out.
- Mix softened cream cheese with sugar, egg, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly into twelve tart shells.
- If apple pie filling is really chunky run through a food processor.
- Divide the pie filling among the shells covering most but not all of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.