Prep 20 mins
Cook 21 mins
Southern Living; shred the apple and onion using the large holes of a box grater.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, shredded
- 1 medium granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and shredded
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Gently combine ground turkey, the next 6 ingredients, and 1/2 cup cheese just until combined, using hands.
- Spoon turkey mixture into 12 lightly greased muffin cups.
- Bake for 16 minutes; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and a meat thermometer inserted into centers of meatloaves reads 165°.