Recipe by bfo
I saw this recipe on the TV and fancy making it. I needed somewhere to store the recipe till I get the chance to make it. It looked so tasty that I thought others may also be interested. (measurements are in both metric and imperial since i'm in the UK and when you buy stuff in the shops it's in Metric)
- 1 1⁄2 kg cooking apples, cored,peeled and sliced roughly
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 200 g butter, softened
- 200 g ground almonds
- sliced almonds, for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F/Gas 2.
- Put the apples and brown sugar in a large pan and cook over a low heat until soft.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with the caster sugar then mix in the butter and ground almonds to create a smooth paste.
- Divide the cooked apples between six ramekins and spread the almond mixture on top.
- Sprinkle some sliced almonds on top of each and and cook for about 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot with cream or ice cream.