Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 13 mins
Little delicious angel food cupcakes
Make and share this Mini Angel Food Cupcakes With Jasmine Whipped Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- edible organic Jasmine fresh edible flowers (optional) or fresh raspberry (to garnish) (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon loose-leaf jasmine tea or 1 tablespoon tea from 3 jasmine tea bag
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
- Line 18 mini muffin cups with fluted paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on high speed to beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Add the cream of tarter, salt, half the sugar, and the vanilla and beat until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and remaining sugar.
- Stir with a whish to blend.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg whites until blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them two-thirds full.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until springy to the touch and lightly browned.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely; the cupcakes will shrink as they cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cream and tea, cover, and tea, cover, and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
- Strain through a fine-meshed sieve into a deep bowl.
- Add the sugar and beat until soft peaks form. (Makes 2 cups).
- Remove the fluted paper baking cup from each cupcake.
- Using a narrow, flexible spatula, frost with the jasmine whipped cream.
- If you like, garnish each cupcake with a jasmine flower, raspberry, or a strawberry slice.
- Serve at once.