Prep 35 mins
Cook 13 mins
Little delicious angel food cupcakes
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- edible organic Jasmine fresh edible flowers (optional) or fresh raspberry (to garnish) (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon loose-leaf jasmine tea or 1 tablespoon tea from 3 jasmine tea bag
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
- Line 18 mini muffin cups with fluted paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on high speed to beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Add the cream of tarter, salt, half the sugar, and the vanilla and beat until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and remaining sugar.
- Stir with a whish to blend.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg whites until blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them two-thirds full.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until springy to the touch and lightly browned.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely; the cupcakes will shrink as they cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cream and tea, cover, and tea, cover, and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
- Strain through a fine-meshed sieve into a deep bowl.
- Add the sugar and beat until soft peaks form. (Makes 2 cups).
- Remove the fluted paper baking cup from each cupcake.
- Using a narrow, flexible spatula, frost with the jasmine whipped cream.
- If you like, garnish each cupcake with a jasmine flower, raspberry, or a strawberry slice.
- Serve at once.