Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in one of those little recipe books sold by the checkstand at some markets. As our family doesn't like nuts on cheesecake, I took them off and used chocolate chips instead. But other than that, its the same recipe. They are very good and nice to take to picnics or get togethrs. The kids love them too.
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (your preference..I use the extract) or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (your preference..I use the extract)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips or 1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350.
- Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Place one vanilla wafer flat side down in each cup.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in amaretto or extract.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Fill cups 3/4 full with cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips 12 oz. bag of chips (to your own taste).
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until centers are firm.
- Immediately remove from pan to wire rack.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before eating -- but no longer than 48 hours.