Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
These can be made in advance and frozen individually.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and ground
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease twenty four 1-3/4-inch muffin cups; sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of the ground almonds into each cup. Gently shake so almonds coat bottoms and sides of cups (do not shake out excess nuts).
- For filling: In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and granulated sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and almond extract. Spoon filling into prepared muffin cups, filling each three-fourths full.
- Bake about 18 minutes or just until tops start to turn golden. Cool in pans on a wire rack. Using a table knife, carefully loosen sides of cheesecakes from edges of cups. Lift out cups with knife.
- For topping: In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Spread topping on the cooled cheesecakes.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 6 hours. Before serving, garnish each cheesecake with a few additional slivered almonds.