Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here are three recipes that where adapted from some Colonial recipes. The crème brulee is great!
- Dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in the lukewarm milk.
- Add 1 1/2 cups flour; beat well.
- Let stand for 1 hour, or until light. Beat eggs.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar, the eggs and remainding of flour.
- Stir and mix well.
- Pour into well-buttered 9-inch pie pans so that dough is no more than 1 inch thick.
- Press raisins into dough about 1-inch apart. Let cakes rise at room temperature until they double in height. Mix cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup sugar and sprinkle thickly over cakes.
- The sprinkle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350° as you would layer cakes, until cakes spring back to the touch and a wooden pick inserted comes out clean, 25 to 40 minutes.