Maureen of Montreal's Note:
Here are three recipes that where adapted from some Colonial recipes. The crème brulee is great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in the lukewarm milk.
- 2Add 1 1/2 cups flour; beat well.
- 3Let stand for 1 hour, or until light. Beat eggs.
- 4Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar, the eggs and remainding of flour.
- 5Stir and mix well.
- 6Pour into well-buttered 9-inch pie pans so that dough is no more than 1 inch thick.
- 7Press raisins into dough about 1-inch apart. Let cakes rise at room temperature until they double in height. Mix cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup sugar and sprinkle thickly over cakes.
- 8The sprinkle with melted butter.
- 9Bake at 350° as you would layer cakes, until cakes spring back to the touch and a wooden pick inserted comes out clean, 25 to 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miney's Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 45.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g