Recipe by Ginny Sue
From TOH Dec/Jan 2008 issue. I plan to try this with leftover turkey after Thanksgiving. I will probably add more turkey to this. The recipe says you can also add a can of rinsed and drained garbanzo or kidney beans.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups turkey stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 2⁄3 cup frozen corn
- 2⁄3 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven; add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and saute until tender.
- Add broth, vegetables, macaroni, and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and zucchini; cook until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Discard bay leaf and serve with Parmesan cheese.