Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens, Oct. 2007. Easy and delicious! To make vegan, use Mock Feta Cheese ( Vegan Substitute ).
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 3 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta, dried
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup oregano leaves, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (or Mock Feta Cheese ( Vegan Substitute ))
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra for drizzling
- In large pot, cook garlic in hot oil 15 seconds. Add mushrooms. Cook and stir until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in vegetable broth and beans; bring to boiling.
- Add orzo. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, until orzo is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in cherry tomatoes and 3 tablespoons of the oregano. Heat through.
- Sprinkle with remaining oregano, feta and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve.
Easy to prepare and unique in flavor.