My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 5 1/4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked small elbow macaroni
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then cut into 1/4-inch slices (1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1In a 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over med-high heat.
- 2Add sausage, onion, carrots, basil, and garlic; cook 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- 3Stir broth, tomatoes, and great northern beans into sausage mixture.
- 4Heat to boiling; decrease heat to med-low.
- 5Cover; cook 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir in macaroni, zucchini, and frozen green beans; heat to boiling.
- 7Cook over med-high heat 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are hot and macaroni is tender; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minestrone With Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.4
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 1059.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 20.2 g