1/1 Photo of Minestrone With Italian Sausage
1 hr 25 mins
I got this recipe from Taste of Home and recently made it. It is a tasty satisfying soup. I did use frozen green beans instead of the fresh. This recipe does make a lot, but it does freeze well and tastes great reheated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1In soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2Stir in the carrots, celery, leek and garlic; cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Add zucchini and green beans; cook 2 minutes longer.
- 4Stir in broth, tomatoes, cabbage, basil, oregano and pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat; cover, simmer for 45 minutes.
- 7Return to a boil, stir in garbanzo beans, pasta and parsley.
- 8Cook for 6-9 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- 9Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minestrone With Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.6
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 799.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic