Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Betty Crocker's Fix it Fast Meals, June of 2003.
Make and share this Minestrone Tortellini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rised and drained
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook and drain tortellini as directed on package.
- While tortellini is cooking, heat oil in 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook zucchini and bell pepper in oil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, chili sauce and salt. Cook 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Stir in tortellini. Sprinkle with parsley.
Super easy and filling, and a great way to get a lot of veggies. I left out the chili sauce and salt, as I was also feeding this to my 1-year-old. I did add a garlic clove while sauteeing the zucchini. The whole family enjoyed it! DH & I paired with a quick caesar salad and parmesan breadsticks from the supermarket bakery.
Had everything on hand for this recipe & made the soup in no time at all! I particularly enjoy using the cheese tortillini in a variety of recipes, & this one makes for a GREAT TASTING SOUP ~ Definitely a keeper of a recipe! The only change I made was to add a minced clove of garlic! Thanks, much, for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]