Recipe by Oregon Cook
Sure, this isn't your typical minestrone soup recipe. However, it does taste the same and it's healthier.
Top Review by Pam-I-Am
A delicious and satisfying soup to have for lunch, dinner or inbetween. I had mine with a small sandwich for lunch and the next day, I measured some beans and small pasta noodles to add to have as a meal for dinner. A sprinkle of parmesean cheese on top makes this soup amazing!!!
- 28 ounces tomatoes (2 cans of petite cut)
- 14 ounces chicken broth (1 can)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 cup zucchini (diced)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Pour one can of petite-cut tomatoes into soup pan with minced garlic and puree this mixuture until it's difficult to see the garlic pieces.
- 2. Mix in tomato paste.
- 3. Using a medium ribbon microplane grater or cheese grater, grate onion into soup pan.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes. Enjoy!