Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Sure, this isn't your typical minestrone soup recipe. However, it does taste the same and it's healthier.
- 28 ounces tomatoes (2 cans of petite cut)
- 14 ounces chicken broth (1 can)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 cup zucchini (diced)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Pour one can of petite-cut tomatoes into soup pan with minced garlic and puree this mixuture until it's difficult to see the garlic pieces.
- 2. Mix in tomato paste.
- 3. Using a medium ribbon microplane grater or cheese grater, grate onion into soup pan.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes. Enjoy!
A delicious and satisfying soup to have for lunch, dinner or inbetween. I had mine with a small sandwich for lunch and the next day, I measured some beans and small pasta noodles to add to have as a meal for dinner. A sprinkle of parmesean cheese on top makes this soup amazing!!!
This recipe will be going in my freezer soup rotation. It is so easy and was delicious served with shredded parmesan on top. I used an emmersion blender to puree up the tomato and garlic mixture in step 1. Thanks for sharing. *Made for PAC Spring 2010*
Can't wait to make this minestrone soup, without beans, I HATE BEANS, even though they are good for you. They don't agree with me. I know I will be freezing small portions to enjoy at work for lunch. Thanks for the recipe. Hugs and Smiles, Ginger-root