Recipe by lisazem926
I love a good minestrone soup without the tomato based flavor and came up with this recipe. My husband, who is the pickiest eater EVER, loves it. I guess that says something. A tasty way to get those veggies! Can add or delete veggies as you like. Really anything goes. Freezes well. Enjoy!
- 14 cups water
- 14 -16 vegetable bouillon cubes (start with 14, I like 16)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 stems fresh thyme (leaves only)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- salt (optional)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄4 of small head of cabbage, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and large cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (14 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bag frozen cut green beans (or fresh)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bag frozen cauliflower (or fresh)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I don't use the juice, but you can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions in olive oil til they start to turn clear.
- Add garlic and cook til just before browning.
- Add water and boullion cubes. Add cabbage and cook til it starts to wilt.
- Add carrots, celery, potatoes, thyme and parsley and cook til just about tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for about 15-20 more minutes.
- *Probably could use vegetable broth. I just had the boullion cubes so I used them.