1/1 Photo of Minestrone Soup Like Carrabba's
My hubby and I went to Carrabba's tonight for dinner and I had a wonderful bowl of their Minestrone Soup. I begged them for the recipe but they said it's secret and are not allowed to give it out. So, as soon as I got home, I googled it and found this recipe at a copycat recipe website. I only hope that it comes close! I have no idea of the serving size that this recipe makes though.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 gallon chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 lb carrot (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/4 lb tomato (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/4 lb celery (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 -2 ounce prosciutto ham
- 1/4 lb onion (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 ounces romano cheese, rind
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb potato, peeled (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/4 lb fresh green beans (1-inch long)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 lb savoy cabbage, cored (2-inch squares)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1/4 lb zucchini (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 2 ounces romano cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat butter and oil and sauté celery, onion, carrots and garlic and cook until soft.
- 2Add green beans, cabbage, zucchini, parsley and basil and cook until soft.
- 3Add chicken stock, bay leaf, tomatoes, prosciutto, romano rind and potatoes.
- 4Allow soup to boil and immediately reduce to simmer. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Add canned beans with their juices and simmer 5 minutes more. Remove romano rind and prosciutto. Add grated romano cheese, stirring constantly.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minestrone Soup Like Carrabba's
Serving Size: 1 (6991 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4073.7
- Calories from Fat 1131
- Total Fat 125.7 g
- Saturated Fat 50.4 g
- Cholesterol 294.2 mg
- Sodium 11274.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 518.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 103.6 g
- Sugars 118.3 g
- Protein 225.6 g