Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup has all the wonderful qualities in it. Wonderful for a cold winter day.
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) peeled canned Italian tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery (cut into 1 in. pieces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup cubed zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas or 1⁄2 cup defrosted frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 cup uncooked pasta
- In a dutch oven combine broth, tomatoes, onion, celery, parsley, oregano, pepper, and garlic. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 20-30 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and continue to cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Thirty minutes before serving, Add uncooked pasta.
- **Serve with grated parmesan cheese**.
A. M. A. Z. I. N. G. Seriously good soup! I made a double batch and we invited my MIL and grandparents to come to dinner. We ate it with some grilled cheese sandwiches. It was a delicious dinner! I did omit the chickpeas and cabbage, but added green beans and spinach. Everyone loved it, and we ate every last drop.
Next time I will remember to cut my carrots smaller because I had to cook it an extra long time in order to get the carrots tender enough.
love it but then we are soup addicts. Omitted chickpeas because of personal tastes and used leeks rather than onions. Thanks for a great submission. Will keep the chills away on a stormy day.
so yummy...made my house smell great and my kids loved it...my seven year old said it smelled so yummy...only my picky five year old wouldn't eat it. Four outta five isn't bad!!!!