Recipe by divashylight07
This soup has all the wonderful qualities in it. Wonderful for a cold winter day.
Top Review by griffiths_melissa
A. M. A. Z. I. N. G. Seriously good soup! I made a double batch and we invited my MIL and grandparents to come to dinner. We ate it with some grilled cheese sandwiches. It was a delicious dinner! I did omit the chickpeas and cabbage, but added green beans and spinach. Everyone loved it, and we ate every last drop.
Next time I will remember to cut my carrots smaller because I had to cook it an extra long time in order to get the carrots tender enough.
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) peeled canned Italian tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery (cut into 1 in. pieces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup cubed zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas or 1⁄2 cup defrosted frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 cup uncooked pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven combine broth, tomatoes, onion, celery, parsley, oregano, pepper, and garlic. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 20-30 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and continue to cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Thirty minutes before serving, Add uncooked pasta.
- **Serve with grated parmesan cheese**.