Cook7 hrs 30 mins
From Crockery Cookery Cookbook by Mable Hoffman, pg. 127. Very easy soup to put together. Don't put in the macaroni until you're about ready to serve the soup...
- 1 lb beef shank or 1 lb beef stew meat
- 6 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup small elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a crock pot, combine beef with water, onion, salt, thyme, parsley, pepper, and tomatoes. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Remove beef bones (if using beef shank); cut up meat and return to pot. Turn control to high. Add zucchini, beans, cabbage, and macaroni. Cover and cook on high for 30-45 minutes or until the macaroni/vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese.